You Are Not Welcome Here - HD Remaster
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Don't stumble into places you don't belong, or you might get hurt...
Thrown into a strange place, with a strange person talking to you, you must find your way back. Complete the puzzles and escape, if you can.
This is a remake of my 2017 game "You are (Not) Welcome Here", which I created in Unity for the Let's Create Game Jam #2. You can the old game here, if you want to take a look. The old version was made in a little over a week with the Unity game engine, while this version was made in a little under 3 weeks with the Godot game engine.
This version of the game has new features, a new layout with new puzzles, an overhauled visual style, and more!
Controls for keyboard and mouse:
- WASD to move and mouse motion to move around
- Space to jump
- E to interact with objects and continue/fast-forward dialog boxes
- F to toggle the flashlight on and off
- Left click and right click to use acquired items.
- Escape to pause and skip dialog
Controls for Xbox 360 controller (only controller tested, others may work though):
- Left stick to move and right stick to look around
- A button to jump
- X button to interact and continue/fast-forward dialog boxes
- Y button to toggle flashlight
- Left shoulder button and right shoulder button to use acquired items.
- Select/Back button to pause and skip dialog
* Version 1.1.0 (09/24/2020) * Added configurable options to the game! * Mouse and Controller sensitivity is now adjustable * Volume is now adjustable from in-game * Graphics can be set to high quality or low quality. Defaults to high quality. * Version 1.0.0 (09/18/2020) * Initial release!
Credits for assets used:
Textures: * Flame and smoke textures by Kenney.nl (CC0) * The overwhelming majority of environment and asset textures by CC0textures.com (CC0) * Door texture by 3DTextures.me (Free, but unknown license) * Gate and character textures by TwistedTwigleg * Solid colors are from a color pallet I used in Dreams of Fire. | Fonts: * OpenDyslexicMono-Regular - opendyslexic.org (SIL-OFL) | Music and Sounds: * Drone_Atmosphere - From MatiasMacSD - From the Sonnis.com GDC 2017 Bundle * Fear and Horror - From the OpenBundle - Downloaded from GameSounds.xyz * Sound effects from the Sonnis.com GDC 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 bundles. * Dialog samples from MicreaKitsune - OpenGameArt (CC0) | Everything else: * Created by TwistedTwigleg unless otherwise noted. * (I think I credited everything used above, but if I missed something, please let me know!)
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Update 1.1.0 Released!Sep 24, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I liked this game
The end got me good man. Reeeeeaaally spooked me :D GG!
Show post...Good one
I loved it It was wonderful. I can not wait to see your future projects
It was a funny game. Really like this types! Thanks. Please sub my channel to support me as well!
Pros and cons are down below) Check out my vid here (the game is the 2d there):
1. I think the game is very cool! There were a couple of scary moment that got me good. Also, the lines were pretty funny and the ending was interesting. I liked that!
2. The puzzled were original and I love how self-aware the game was at the end about candle-extinguishing powers! So funny!
1. I think it would be cool if the puzzles would be a bit more coplicated. It didn't seem like a challenge at all :( I liked a lot when you had to throw a cube into the hole, maybe the game would benefit a lot from adding more stuff like this one?
2. I wish there would be another ending which would require destroying the red cube (but the player would also be able to destroy blue one as well). It would be awesome! I didn't want to helo this trapped being, it was probably trapped for a reason and it did not seem friendly at all scaring me like that a couple of times!
The game is cool! I think there is room for improvement, though. That's why I'm going to rate it 4/5. I hope to see more projects from you!
Hope my feedback was useful!
Thank you for the detailed pros and cons. I will take all of it into consideration moving forward :)
Pretty cool game. I dig it. And I found your secret attic, haha. Nice job!
Hello, I played this game and I really enjoyed it, the puzzles were pretty fun, the environment and sound effects were also great, good work :)