Plans for the future (thanks for playing everyone!)
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that's played the game, left feedback, and made videos. Thanks to you guys, 'You Are (Not) Welcome Here' is number 4 on top horror games sorted by popularity! (as of when this was written):
I thought I'd take a minute to lay out the plans for the upcoming update, which will be out sometime in January 2018. Currently I have the following planed:
- Fix the player controller. Right now the player gets stuck on things quite often, which I plan on fixing in the upcoming update. I also plan to look into making the player movement a little tighter, as I feel it's still a little floaty.
- Add the ability to skip dialog. Many have expressed that the intro sequence is quite long. While I do not plan on changing the dialog in this upcoming update, I will add the option to skip dialog so you do not have to wait for the narration to end before you can continue playing.
- Add volume controls. Currently the only way to adjust the volume is through your computer and/or through your speakers. In the upcoming update I plan to fully support changing the volume of the game inside the game itself, and I will lower the default volume to something more reasonable.
- Additional controller support. I plan on trying to add support for Xbox One Controllers, Playstation 3 controllers, and Playstation 4 controllers. (Anyone that can test any of these controllers when the update is released would be greatly appreciated!)
- Changing the font on the game page. As of writing this, I realize while this font does add to the atmosphere, it's rather hard to read. I'll change the game page font to something easier to read, and hopefully just as atmospheric.
- <Your suggestion here>. I'd love to hear what you think could use improving and/or expanding on for the game! While I cannot promise to add any of them I will be sure to read every suggestion!
Thanks so much for your support!
Get You Are (Not) Welcome Here
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.